Monday, September 26, 2011

I have not fallen off the face of the Earth.

So I have basically been living at work thanks to the Toronto International Film Festival. Super long days and the consequential exhaustion that followed caused my poor little blog to take a back seat while I tried so very hard to take advantage of the little time I had at home to sleep. Thankfully, TIFF is over and I can have my life back. Not to mention, I can get back to posting.

This passed weekend, Radiohead was featured as the musical guest on the season premiere of SNL. It was their first time appearing on the show since 2000, and did a great job performing the King Of Limbs single “Lotus Flower” and the unreleased “Staircase.” I always feel like it is such a challenge for artists on the SNL stage; the sound is always off-kilter just a tad, no matter how amazing the performer may be. No excuses for Ashlee Simpson though, that was just a mess. Unfortunately, Radiohead didn't appear in any sketches—it would have been funny to see them collaborate with The Lonely Island. But I guess no one really expected them to in the first place. Watch the clips of their performances below....before NBC finds out and removes them.



No comments:

Post a Comment