Friday, June 10, 2011

Listen to New Singles from Drake & Beirut + Watch Friendly Fires on Kimmel

It's been announced that Drake's next record Take Care will be released on October 24 (which is also his birthday!). “Marvin's Room” is somewhat of a gloomy track set to a slower pace, but don't let that mislead you. I think I've listened to it about five times in a row now. Drake has reportedly been in the studio with fellow Toronto rapper The Weeknd, which makes sense because this single is heavily influenced by him. So far, it sounds like Take Care is on the right track. Visit Pitchfork to give it a listen.



Beirut, everyone's favouorite Balkan folk group, will be returning with their third record The Rip Tide, due out August 30. The album, including single “East Harlem,” will be released on frontman Zach Condon's own label, Pomepeii Records. Listen to the track below!



Last night, dance-punk trio Friendly Fires stopped by for a live performance of “Blue Cassette” on Jimmy Kimmel Live! They were awesome, of course, which is why I thought I'd share it. Also, Ed's shirt brings a smile to my face. I love that he has a tropical-themed shirt on while singing a song off a tropical-themed album. Consistency, I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment