Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Watch Metronomy's “The Bay” + Jojo remixes Drake?!

Metronomy have unveiled the new video for their stellar track, “The Bay.” It was shot in Torquay, England and from what I understand, is the location that inspired the song. The clip is complete with choreographed poses, sunglasses, gorgeous shots of the bay and leggy models. Enjoy!


So.... remember this little number?



Jojo is all grown up and will soon be releasing Jumping Trains, her third and most mature album this coming fall. Why am I blogging about Jojo? Well, she caught my attention with a remix of Drake's recently leaked brooding track, “Marvin's Room.” She placed a female spin on it and reworked its angle. I was shocked for a number of reasons. One thing, she swears. And sings about sex, well, more forwardly then she did in her teeny pop days. Maybe it's because in my mind, I still picture her as that 14 year-old doe-eyed girl complaining about a boy while leaning against her locker. And wearing a “boys stink” tank-top. But the biggest shock of all, I didn't expect to like it. Her version is nearly as raw, emotional and addictive as the original. Listen below and see for yourself.

Jojo - "Marvin's Room" (Can't Do Better) Remix"


I also came across “In The Dark” which she released on a mixtape last year. Is the world ready for a grownup, sexy Jojo?!

No comments:

Post a Comment