Thursday, March 24, 2011

In the News: Metronomy Release Vid + New Friendly Fires

Yesterday was a pretty exciting day for me in terms of music. Firstly, I learned that Metronomy released their video for “The Look.” It's the second single off their upcoming record, The English Riviera, out April 12, which I absolutely cannot wait for. Seriously, I think about it often. Since discovering them a few years ago, I've been hooked on their sensationally catchy songs and quirky videos. I personally feel they can do no wrong, which is why I wasn't surprised that I loved their newest video.



Secondly, my favourite British dance-rock trio, Friendly Fires, have released “Live Those Days Tonight.” It's our first taste of their upcoming album, Pala which is said to be available this May. Being a huge fan of their debut self-titled record, I noticed a little change in their sound; fancier production work, tighter beats, etc. Yet, I'm still loving it. I can picture frontman Ed Macfarlane and his spastic dance moves being really into this song. Another record to look forward to!




Update: Watch the boys perform the track on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. It's pretty awesome, complete with Ed's fantastic dancing and African drummers. I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment