Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In the News: Arcade Fire Release Trailer, MGMT's New Double Disc + The Darkness Returns

Canadian indie giants, Arcade Fire, have unveiled the trailer for their short film Scenes From the Suburbs. The Spike Jonze directed piece premiered at the Berlin Film Festival last month and will soon be released on DVD. The film contains footage from the band's video for “The Suburbs” and a voice-over by frontman Win Butler. I'm intrigued. I really liked the video that left a lot to the imagination. What did all that military-destroying-the-city-inner-friend-circle-fighting stuff mean? We'll have to wait and see. Watch the trailer below.


Psychedelic duo MGMT will be releasing a double disc tour edition of their 2010 sophomore effort Congratulations. It will feature remixes by Air, Erol Alkan, Cornelius, Ed Banger All-Stars and Violens and will be available on March 25. Visit the band's official site for the track listing.

Remember this?! Well guess what; English glam rockers The Darkness have reunited! To be honest I'm really not as excited as I'm probably coming across, but I thought I should mention this anyway. Not going to lie, I have their debut CD and was totally entertained by their strange videos. What!? I was in the 10th grade... All four original members decided to give it another go after five long years. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm sure more spandex outfits will be involved. You can read more about it here.

Also, the awesomeness that is Chris Taylor of Grizzly Bear recently collaborated with Solange Knowles and Twin Shadow on a sweet-sounding balled titled “Kenya.” The track was recorded to raise awareness about Coca-Cola's RAIN foundation, which collects funds for water and sanitation for areas in Africa. The video features tons of stunning shots that compliment the song. Watch below.

No comments:

Post a Comment