Sunday, March 27, 2011

Song Pick of the Week!

In honour of the 40th Annual Juno Awards taking place in Toronto tonight, I've chosen a few different tracks by some pretty awesome Canadian talent.

First up: Drake. The homegrown, former Degrassi star will be hosting tonight's event. So to celebrate that fact, I've posted my favourite Drake song, “The Best I Ever Had.” Not only did this particular track put him on the map, but it also brings back a lot of awesome summer memories. 



Next: Arcade Fire. These guys have had one hell of a year; performing and winning big at both the Grammys and The BRIT Awards. Not to mention their third album The Suburbs, was simply incredible and received universal acclaim. They will be performing at tonight's Juno Awards and I'm sure they will bring home some well deserved trophies as well. Below is one of my favourites, "Rococo," off said album which never fails to put me in a great mood.



Next: Chromeo. These Montreal natives combine the two very different worlds of electro and funk and mix them together so well, the end result is always a fun, dance-worthy track. Watch their quirky video for “Fancy Footwork” below!


And lastly: City and Colour. I should probably mention that I was completely infatuated with Dallas Green for a very long period of time. Through my entire high school career and some time in university, I pictured that we would one day be wed and he would serenade me on a daily basis. Didn't work out and I think I'm finally getting over it. Anyway, listen to him while he beautifully croons in “Sometimes (I Wish).”

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment