Friday, February 4, 2011

Song Pick of the Week!

Niki and the Dove - “DJ, Ease My Mind”


Earlier this week I came across Swedish trio, Niki and the Dove. I figured I'd give them a listen and almost instantly, I was hooked. I fell in love with the track “DJ, Ease My Mind,” and can't seem to get enough of it. With an experimental combination of bouncy drumming and delicate synths, mixed with eerie, electronic beats, the sound of this band is completely intriguing. Vocalist, Malin Dahlstrom, has an artistic tinge to her fragile voice that forces you to draw comparisons to Karin Dreijer Andersson of The Knife and Fever Ray, as well as Lyyke Li. The band doesn't have an album out yet, but instead have four tracks floating around online. With that said, I recommend that you listen to “Mother Protect” and the remaining two songs by clicking here. There is little known about this act; both their website and MySpace leave much to the imagination. However, I have a strong feeling we'll be hearing a lot more about them in the near future.

In the meantime, listen to the captivating, ghostly single “DJ, Ease My Mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment