Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beastie Boys Release Trailer & Track + New Justice


Back in January, I mentioned that the Beastie Boys would be releasing a short-film entitled Fight For Your Right Revisited, a sequel of sorts to their legendary music video from the late 80's. Well now you can watch the 2 minute trailer that is jam-packed with celebrity comedians, including the likes of Seth Rogen, Will Farrell, Jack Black, Danny McBride and John C. Reilly. Tons of other celebrities are also involved. The 30-minute video is “coming soon.” Not sure how soon, but I think it's safe to assume it's being used as a promotional piece for their new album, so they'll probably be released simultaneously.



In other Beasties news, they have also unveiled their first single off their upcoming record Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2. “Make Some Noise” is an energetic, classic Beasties-sounding throwback to their earlier years and proves that Mike D., Ad-Rock and MCA still got it, despite being int their mid-40's. Listen to the track below.

Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise

French electro duo Justice have also unleashed their latest single this week. “Civilization” will be included on their as-yet-still-untitled album which is to be released sometime this year. It's currently being used as the soundtrack to the newest Adidas campaign. It took me a couple listens to really digest the song, I think maybe because the vocals threw me off just a little bit. However, I'm really liking it now. I also feel like I hear the beginning of The Who's “Teenage Wasteland” in parts of the song. Am I alone? Hopefully we'll be getting some more details soon; I'll be sure to share them when I find out! For now, you can listen to the track below.

No comments:

Post a Comment