Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In the News: Lady Gaga's Album Cover & “Judas” + Hear Death Cab's "Some Boys"

A few days ago, Lady Gaga tweeted the album cover of her highly anticipated record Born This Way, which will finally be released next month. I thought it was a joke, as did many others, but then over the weekend, she tweeted a photo of her holding a copy as proof that it really does exist. My first thought was: WTF?! I can kind of understand where she was coming from, trying to be really bold and bizarre. Born as a motorcycle will definitely get you bizarre. It's giving me an 80's Spinal Tap vibe. Ironically, the band was really a joke.

In other Gaga news, she also unveiled her second single off Born This Way, just in time for Easter (Ha!). “Judas” is a synth heavy electronic number complete with fake accents and biblical references. I strongly disliked it upon my first listen and thought, how the hell can you go from “Poker Face” and “Bad Romance” to this...? I forced myself to give it another chance and wouldn't you know it? I caved. I don't think it's her absolute best work, but it's not completely horrible. Listen below.
Death Cab For Cutie will soon release their seventh effort, Codes and Keys and have given us another taste of the album. “Some Boys” is a catchy track that has more electronic undertones then are usually found in Death Cab songs. I'm diggin' it.

Death Cab for Cutie - "Some Boys"

No comments:

Post a Comment