Friday, April 1, 2011

Song Pick of the Week!

Foo Fighters - “Rope”

I've always had a soft spot for the Foo Fighters. Which is why I'm pretty excited about the release of their upcoming album Wasted Light, out April 12. Aside from the aggressive wailing track “White Limo” which was leaked in early February, “Rope” is the first official single off their new record which they approached a little differently; they recorded it directly to tape in Dave Ghrol's garage. No digital input? They're so badass. The song in particular holds onto their classic Foo Fighting vibe, ear-pummeling drum work, a catchy pop-rock chorus and Dave Ghrol's undeniably awesome howl.



Another leak surfaced online yesterday afternoon. “Bridge Burning” is even heavier and just as great. You can listen to the radio rip of it here.

Here's a shot of Dave Ghrol and of Taylor Hawkins I took myself back in 2008 at Toronto's Virgin Festival. I almost lost my camera and glasses, which I stupidly forgot to put away. I should have known better; I was in a Foo Fighters' mosh pit after all. I know, the shots aren't the greatest, but it's alright, I had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment